As the Coronavirus situation develops in the UK, our role at Better Connected Beaconsfield is to help support the community. We are helping to coordinate a network of hundreds of volunteers for Beaconsfield residents.
Our ‘Buddy Network’ is made up of volunteer residents, called Buddies, supported by Co-ordinators in each part of the town. Buddies will be able to provide a number of services for those really in need. We will prioritise those who are elderly, sick or vulnerable and unable to leave their houses or call on family and friends.
Support will not involve entering peoples’ houses, and includes helping with shopping, prescriptions, phone calls and any other support that can be conducted at the doorstep. BCB will work to connect people in need to one of our Buddies who lives nearby.
The safety of all of those within our network is a top priority, which is why we will be providing advice and support to both our Buddies, and the residents they will be helping. Find out more on our Buddies page.
If you are worried that a vulnerable person is at risk because they are not receiving care please contact email@example.com or call 01296 383 204. Especially during the current crisis it would be great if we all do our bit to be alert to neighbours who might need more help.
To keep up with all of the latest information, make sure you have liked our Facebook page.
List of Useful Contacts
- Better Connected Beaconsfield – A Beaconsfield charity whose aim it is to improve wellbeing in their community. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beaconsfield Advisory Centre – Please telephone: 01494 672987 – 10am – 12 noon: phone call only or email, click here
- Domestic abuse – click here
- Thames Valley Alert service – click here
- Government online registration for extremely vulnerable people – click here for more information
- Samaritans – 24 hour confidential listening and support for anyone who needs it. 116 123 – freephone Available 24 hours; email@example.com – sometimes writing thoughts and feelings down can help.
- Mind -Telephone 0300 123 3393 weekdays 9am – 6pm or email: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information website: www.mind.org.uk
- Childline – Comforts, advises and protects children 24 hours a day and offers free confidential counselling. Call in confidence: 0800 1111 (24 hours)
- The Mix – Information, support and listening for people under 25. Call: 0808 808 4994 (24 hours)
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Support, advice and information to children, young people and adults regarding bereavement. Call: 01494 511117 – Leave a message on answerphone
- Relate – For more information www.relate.org.uk Telephone: 01628 625320
- Refuge – National Domestic Abuse Helpline – help for men, women and children. Telephone 24 hours a day: 0808 2000 247 Website: www.refuge.org.uk
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau – 0344 245 1289 – (national) 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday or 01895 837551/2 – South Bucks. Website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- National debt line: Call us for free debt advice. Call 0808 808 4000 Monday to Friday: 9am – 8pm, Saturday: 9.30am – 1pm Website: www.businessdebtline.org To access Coronavirus help and advice fact sheet. Click here
- Universal Credit helpline – if you need help financially call: 0800 328 5644 or Textphone: 0800 328 1344
- Coronavirus help: For any queries regarding Coronavirus, you can refer to the NHS 111 website. Click here for website.
- GP surgeries – Simpson Centre 01494 671571 and Millbarn Medical Centre 01494 675303 All appointments are pre-triaged, surgeries asking people not to turn up at surgery unless triaged and advised to do so. Repeat prescriptions can be made online or dropped by surgery door. NHS – non emergency number 111 and in the event of an emergency call 999
- Pharmacy numbers. Pyramid Pharmacy 01494 672677 LloydsPharmacy 01494 671631 Boots Pharmacy 01494 673320
- Taxis Fleet Cars 01494 681953 Aspire Executive Ltd 01494 611200 Beaconsfield Diamond Cars 01494 681666 Class Above Cars 01494 677772 Beaconsfield Taxi Services 01494 372978
List of Useful Local Council Resources